Thread: Brain Damage?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks

Thanks to both of you for your responses, but really I am not depressed. I'm probably more mentally healthy than I have ever been so I really don't think that's an issue...depression, other than as a reasonable reaction to a traumatic event has not been a problem for me....hyperness and inability to focus have. I scored like a 38 out of 40 on the ADHD test...when I was 38!
Stress, of course I have stress, but I think I've developed some pretty good mechanisms for dealing with it. For me, after turning 40 has had only positive results-I'll admit I'm a bit of a late bloomer but I just feel stronger as I get older. It's just this odd sense that I'm getting stupider and stupider that is worrisome to me.

I no longer take methrotrexate, haven't for years but when I did I had a prescription for a super strong folic acid dose...I still take the supplements. I also take acidolpholous (for milk digestion), calcium,D and I just got some flax seed supplements I've been wanting to try out. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, which is a good thing since I have pain a lot...but can be a bad thing, too...after the surgery on my shoulder when they removed the broken chunk of bone that they didn't know was in there, my surgeon was like...whoa...normally that type of injury would necessitate immediate surgery. I've even been diagnosed w/ severe compression of L3 & 4 but have NO symptoms or pain at all...go figure. I'm more worried about something like Parkinsons. Like I might have some brain disease.

Mrs. D: Blargady is a made up word my children and I created when they were little to use as a substitute swear word. Like, "Blargady! I've spillt the milk!" And thank you for the compliment on my avatar-it's from a painting I did as a Christmas present for my "ADD guy" (what I call my shrink). I do art for fun.
blargady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote