View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If you did not stop taking the B12 a couple of days before the test sample was drawn, it is measuring B12 that is in the blood and does not indicate storage.

However, either way you are absorbing it, otherwise your blood level wouldn't have increased so substantially.

If you stopped taking B12 a few days before the test sample was taken, you have a good indication that you built up stores strong. Now you must keep them that way.

It appears, from what you have been taking and what your test indicates that it is very likely you malabsorb severely. Sometimes when family members malabsorb from food, some in the next generation will progress more quickly to severe malabsorption. That may be what has happened, but, regardless, you need the large doses.

If I remember correctly, you had the MMA and HCY tests AFTER beginning the B12. In that case, they would almost surely be normal even if one or both had been high due to B12 deficiency.

Testing for intrinsic factor is not perfect, and it is also possible that you still have some but are losing it.

If I remember correctly, and MRI with contrast can show new and old lesions. If a new lesion formed after you got a good deal of B12 in you, I would think something else caused it.

I hope nothing else is going on, but either way keep up your B12.

Best wishes,

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote