Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 08:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused New Member

Hi! I have had M.S. since I was 18yrs. old and 9 yrs. ago my twin was told she had it too. This past May I was having this odd feeling in my whole body and my neurologists ran some test and it came back that I had a partial seizure and he put me on Keppera. I also have been on the med. Avonex since it was approved in 1996 to treat my M.S. It has been working great for me! I have not had a flare up for 4yrs! But one of the side effects of the Avonex could be seziures. I had a MRI done in May also to see if a new lesion was on the left side of my brain because the problem that I was having was just on the left side of my body. It showed no new lesions at all. I have never in my life time ever had a seziure until May of this year. My husband is in the military and was gone when this happened and I was very stressed and tired that morning when the seziure occured. My M.S. has not caused this problem but could the med. Avonex have caused this? I am on 1000mg of Keppera a day and I feel fine. I am just wondering about the Avonex? I've read that being stressed and tired can cause a seziure too. Any advice? AMHolland
amholland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote