View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 06:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks so much for the replies and advice everyone!

I spoke to my neuro yesterday and he very readily agreed to give me a try on Amantadine. We need to speak again in the next week or so, so I might mention acetyl l-carnitine to him and tell him I'll give that a try before I start on something like Amantadine. Thanks Mark! I notice that it's also said to help in the metabolism of fats - that would be a very handy side effect!! Mark, I notice the PubMed study used 1g twice daily - do you know if that is the dose I should be taking?

Wayleaf, you're right, I'm definitely on the back end of a flare. Was exhausted for about a month, walking went really haywire for five days and now I'm just in the exhausted phase again. I'm SO grateful that my walking has gone back to baseline. It's not the best, but I can still do it, at least!

Wannabe, Fampridine looks very promising. I'm not sure whether it's available in Australia, but I'll talk to my neuro and otherwise keep an eye out.

Thanks again, everyone.

Last edited by Teddy; 09-29-2006 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask a question...
Teddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote