View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had good luck with the Amantadine since I started it back at the end of April. I was given it for the little bit of the energy boost, and it made a big difference in my overall well being. I was peetering out by Wendesday, and groveling through the rest of the week until the weekend so I could rest and regain my strength. I mentioned this to my neurologist, and she prescribed the Amantadine. She started with 200mg and was told to increase to 300mg if I felt it wasn't working. I went for about 5 months on 200mg, and eventually up to the 300mg where I am now. I have not had any side effects from it either including the brain-fog, which is pretty common. Birte I know what you mean about the wooly feeling. Mirapex did that to me.

In the process I also found out what happens when I am off of it. I ran short one day on my prescription, and waited until I was going home from work to pick it up. As usual I ended up staying late, and by the time I left work, I had the tremor in my right hand, my right leg, and my jaw, and on top of that the dystonia started in my feet! That one little red capsule made a big difference!

@EnglsihCountryDancer - I would definitely inquire with the doctor as to why he thinks this is not a good thing to take.

John

Last edited by jcitron; 10-29-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: A lousy typo!
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote