View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What a mess!!!

This has gotten ridiculous. I am to see the doctor today and I've printed out everything. I don't know what the correct step to take is. I'm hoping he will.

Mrs. D, the breaks are all over the place, not just on one side. I've got sacral breaks on the right and left and accross S-3. I've got a pelvic break that is new on the right side and an old one that is healing on the left. I've got a tailbone that is now growing crooked. I'm sure there is one in the thoracic spine too. It hurts too much. The right foot and the left ankle broke. I'm really ready to go to bed and let someone else sort it all out.

I'll have some more pieces of the puzzle this week. I see the rheumie for repeat bloodwork and the hematologist to see what he turned up.

Oh, you don't want to go to the emergency room on a week-end around here. The on-call out of town doctor gave me Lodine for the pain on top of my Indomethacin. Fortunately, I knew better and tossed that prescription. They gave me Demerol and Phenergan, which I'm allergic to and then had to chase it with Benadryl to stop the allergic reaction. Can you imagine how dry I was. I'm just now starting to recover from the dryness. What is so frustrating is that I handed them a computer printout of all my meds and a list of my allergies. I won't go to the emergency room on a weekend ever again. I'll just bleed until Monday, thank you.

Well. This thread should stop. I didn't mean to write a drama. But please everyone lets keep the info about Forteo alive. Let's see what info we can turn up. It's such a new drug and a lot of us will suffer from broken bones and osteoporosis as we age. The fact that it seems to stop bone pain is a miraculous thing. I'm in misery and if that can be stopped, I'll risk a little more neuropathy.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote