View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'll bump the scar thing thread

Mooshy pillows can be your best frined in the car...

http://www.mooshpillow.com/productsCA.html

http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-...obead%20pillow

I'd have several for that ride home- one for each arm adn one for neck, maybe another big bed pillow between you adn the door, and make sure you have ADEQUATE PAIN MEDS!!!!! Don't go rushing out of that hospital or anything, OK?

Otherwise, my recovery was sort of 1 week of total misery and non function, 1 week of able to get myself around but that was about it, at two weeks i was driving again and getting around pretty well, but had to be really careful still.

4-6 weeks i was feeling pretty good, really, at least as well as i did before surgery.

For most, recovery has a lot to do with how bad you are going in, that's why i use the analogy of 'at least as well as i felt before surgery' as my 4-6 week benchmark.

I had left side rib resection in may and right side in august. I am still off work because i have had a hard time getting it back together, but I also have good disability insurance, and i am trying to get myself to a point where going back to work is not going to hurt me. i am not sure that day will come...adn i am currently thinking about new occupations all the while doing religious PT and cardio trying to get some core strength back adn getting through my day at home without causing myself extra pain. My two little kids adn one teenager don't really help in this matter, i have a really hard time not working to whatever limited abilities i have, which means sometimes i overdo and pay.

anyhow, i guess what i mean is surgery isn't half as bad as having tos....it is just another bump in the road that will knowck you out for a few weeks.

best of luck and good wishes to you,

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote