Thread: my MIL...
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh yes... I got a boatloat of stuff and even got some in Spanish from the Alzeimer's Association (for which he got a bit miffed...). Spanish is his native language and he thinks he is fine in English (yeah and I think I am fine in Spanish too - I try to make it easy on him and he gets all pissy).

The cleanliness thing is all my fault - I bought the washer/dryer and it obvously does not work well (the fact that he does not change his undies or shower but once a week has nothing to do with it). I am the the seeming brunt of his anger... and he thinks that I can just eat more or better and viola! get better... You would think that since they have been around me for at least 6 of my operations that they would get a clue that something serious is going on but they think that since I am young, I am fine.

I also gave him the books some years back on basic estate laws, elder care etc. that my company gives out - for planning as they were going to be giving up their house and moving. But he refused to sign over the house to his son at this time and do basic planning at that time. So now they are not eligible for any benefits as he held on to what little they had - making just so that they have too much for benefits and not enough to be comfortable. The lawyer told him he made every mistake he could and basically made it so that there would be no inheritance. No biggie for us but his Dad was crushed. It was all that he did not listen before!

He is still not listening.
I just hope my MIL is not in pain.. poor thing...