View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 03:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
Did you still exercise after your latest bump on the head?
I haven't been, no. If I keep feeling better I'll start back up again, though. I'm convinced aerobic activity is actually good for my brain, energy levels, and mood.

At this point almost all of the really noticeable symptoms have gone away. That is, the bad headaches, dizziness, etc. I still feel a slight bit funky, though. It's hard to describe, it just feels like I'm a bit "off", whatever that means. Anyway, I'm sure people on this forum know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm currently sort of obsessed with all this stuff, and I'm starting to wonder if reading about it isn't doing more harm than good... it can all just be so terribly depressing. I have to keep reminding myself that there are many degrees of injuries, and I have to remind myself that the body (and mind) are amazingly resilient.

Case in point: I was in graduate school when I suffered my really bad concussion, and just grading lab papers would exhaust me so badly I'd have to rest after just 15 minutes or so. Fast forward about 4 years... I end up going back to school and getting a Computer Science degree (and it wasn't that terribly difficult). So, clearly a great deal of healing had occurred.

I think now that I'm feeling better, and the truly disturbing symptoms have mostly subsided, my mind is free to worry about the more subtle stuff. Oh heavens.

Anyhow... I ramble. I'm hoping to go for a little light running again in just a couple of weeks. Hopefully this "off" feeling will have subsided by then.

Cheers, and chin up!
e
e-head is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote