View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
He also categorized the rls as a "cosmetic" problem"....
Well *that's* just rude.

Was just reading around this forum as I didn't realize it was here until tonight. Thought I might offer up a couple of things that might help.

I've seen back up stuff on MrsD was saying about the magnesium. I don't have it on hand but thought I would just give her comment a salute.

Also, since you mentioned that you're playing with GABA, I thought I'd mention, in case you didn't know, that magnesium also helps to improve mood: ADHD Mag. Supp. Impacts Behaviour

Also, if supplementing magnesium works for you then you may want to consider wondering why you are not absorbing enough magnesium in your diet? Are you ingesting things that are depleting your mag. stores (and maybe other things too?) For me, grain and coffee are big depleters (gluten grains are the worst offenders and coffee is next).

I don't eat gluten at all because of the many negative symptoms that arise when I ingest it. I limit coffee to the weekends but then I have to take supplements. Throughout the rest of the week I'm fine.

Dairy intolerance can be associated with enuresis and night leg pain/issues. Might want to look into that.

GABA supplementation is interesting. I've seen many studies on how to increase GABA using transcendental meditation and after using it as a therapy for my son who had behavioural issues (due to malabsorption of nutrients), it really helped him cope with stressful situations.

Actually, I said that kind of backwards, I started doing yoga with my son to help him gain control of his emotions. It worked really well (and I'm no yoga pro but it still worked) and I was wondering why... so I began to look up abstracts and it turns out that TM (transcendental meditation) is linked to higher GABA levels.

Here are some links that I thought were interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GABA

McGill University

Altering Biochemistry

Serum Hormonal Concentration following TM

Ketosis, GABA and TM

TM, Hormones and GABA

hth
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote