View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I thought I was the only one with a Showering Issue!!!! I have to force myself in, and I'm down to once a week (gross!) I like to be clean, and I used to love taking baths once a day, but in the last year or two I just can barely manage to undress and get in.
Is it the abrupt change in temperature? too many changes in temperature and textures in a rapid succession? too many tasks to sequence? (turning on taps, adjusting temp, wetting down, shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving, rinsing, toweling, shivering...)
And choosing what to wear is impossible! takes an hour!
and being late to work!!!!! practically got fired
I now have a friend who comes over every single work morning (God bless her). She rousts me out of bed, picks out my outfit, makes me tea, and doesn't leave until I'm in my car and pulling out of the driveway. Fortunately she understands the shower aversion thing, and the most she ever says is "Is today a shower day? Can I help you get in?"
But seriously - now I'm supposed to be fully medicated and I'm still having these problems???? what is it with Bipolar and Getting Ready in the Morning??