View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Have come back from neurologist.

Finally the appointment that I have been waiting for. He saw me and said I have lost alot of weight,so that started things off on right foot.

He felt that my neuropathy is not progressive and the twitching and muscle symptoms were most likely kicked off by the shiatshu machine. He explained that my nerves are damaged/healing and I have a threshold. Once that threshold is crossed, I will appear to get exaserbation of symptoms but they are not new symptoms per say. He said I appear fit, and all reflexes are still there. Still have small fibre/autonomic.

My insomnia is my biggest concern, and he switched my BetaBlocker to see if another might help. I asked about the skin punch biopsy and apparently the reason they do not offer it is because the technician left and they did not replace her.Apparently someone needs to count the fibres??

He said they will offer it next year and it's a great idea I have it done,and no other hospital does it.

As I sat in the waiting room, the illest looking people were all around me. People who were very ill. There was this one man he was missing half his nose,and he had blood all over his face and one eye swollen shut,and massive amounts of crusted blood on his head.Then there was this young boy who was unable to lift his head and had what appeared to be a long surgery scar running down his neck. He had his toes cut off on both feet and he was wearing surgical stockings.Then there was 2 guys that looked like they had muscle wasting syndrome. As I sat there and felt the devestation in the room,my heart started to pound. I felt very shakey and unwell all of a sudden.Then it hit me. I am a really really sensitive person! I was a typical A personality before this illness hit. Now I have become A+++ as I am extremely sensitive to adrenaline... it just makes me sick. I also fright very easy.

I also then remembered,that when me dad had his stroke his right arm was affected. He hardly ever used that arm,and it's now heaps thinner than the other arm. I then realised that neither of my legs look like that,they appear thinner because I have really been loosing weight.

I asked how many other patients like me are there? He said he has many with autoimmune and post viral syndromes and it is becoming more common than they would like. I asked how many have died,and he said none.There isn't an icreased mortality,it's just a complete nuisance and then there are all sorts of symptoms that may need to be constantly managed.

I was glad to hear that he didn't feel the neuropathy was advancing. He did give me a script for a 24 holter monitor just to see what those shakes are at night when I am trying to go to sleep. I am so gald I went.

Thank you
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote