View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 01:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Home diagnostic kit!

Thanks for those responses. I have been reading a lot of Hadjivassiliou's papers along with others and am getting a fair understanding of this condition when it presents as a cryptic condition rather than the overt classic CD expression. It's a very interesting subject. I had only ever known of the Classic CD presentation and only two years ago heard of an acquaintance and her son who both were diagnosed and I couldn't believe that it was possible in an adult.....now I know better!!

Was wondering if anyone has ever used the home Coeliac diagnostic kit which is called 'Biocard TM Celiac Test' manufactured in Finland, www.anibiotech.fi

It is a home detection kit for the detection of Coeliac disease associated IgA antibodies to transglutaminase from a fingertip blood sample. They say that if one gets a positive sample obviously the final diagnosis needs to be confirmed by a medical doctor.

However if one gets a negative result there is still the question of the 3, 4, 5% of people who are IgA deficient, so therefore although the chance is miniscule, is it necessary to follow up with further testing??? Yes/no?

Has anyone had any experience with this particular kit and what are your thoughts?
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote