View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

carey.. i am glad you are getting good treatment there. maybe the doc has changed since i saw her and she put me through that total hell with the misdxd of anxiety disorder. im curious if she remembers me. say hello from laura dean and let me know her expression.. of course, i realize i am very atypical.. which goes to show my confusion is added to with the docs confusion. sorry hon, just got horrible memories of her. nothing personal intended towards you or the treatment you are receiving there..

i agree 110% rick on individual attention. this umbrella of "ism"s is too wide. in my opinion, it allows to many generalities for docs to stick under instead of regarding us as seperate humans. it puts a label on us and shoves us out the door to face the world with "hey, I have pdism".. what the hell??? most of the general population have no idea what an "ism" is. as well as most gps. so, out comes parkinsons disease and all the ramifications that go along with it.

it makes no sense to me why we all have different symptoms, reactions to meds, progressions (if that is what they are.. have wondered about that as well. remind me to post my thought on atrophy of dopamine producing cells) and the like of what should be consistant in people who are living with the same disease. the newly dxd get different feedback from us, and have no other course to follow than "welcome to our club of designer disease. you may experience this, but then, you may not. good luck" sigh

i have backed my neuro into a corner on more than one occasion. I finally found one who will listen to me when i do that, and not try to play God. but, listening and reacting to my rantings are two different things. he goes with the flow of my pd or pdism.. and treats my symptoms with the knowledge he has to do it. i know there are times he wishes he could do more. and in all honesty, i feel for the guy.

so, what can we do? how can we get the word out there? we are a voice that needs to be heard.. but, they have been trained to not become involved in a personal level..