View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Clonidine question.

I started taken clonidine Sat. morning for the sweating and I have not slept for 3 nights. I am wondering if it might be causing the sleeping problems.
From what I have read it is suppose to help a person sleep.

Sunday when I took it I drove to the store and was going to go visit a friend about 6 blocks away but as soon as I left the store I knew I had to get home, I shouldn't be driving. I was so tired, dizzy and out of it, and still can't sleep.

The other problem I am having with it which I know is going to make me go off of it is the chest pain. Certain meds cause me to have chest pain. It took us 5 years to get my chest pain to where it was tolerable and we have been able to get it completely calmed down in the past year and a half and now the Clonidine starts it up again. The Drs. have no ideal why the meds do this to me. To me it feels like an ulcer in my left side near my heart but the Drs. have said it wasn't possible. I got shots in that area to calm it down. It took 100's to do it so that's why I am not anxious to get it going again.

My Dr. turned my VNS back on last night but turned it all the way back down due to the chest pain .He says he'd rather go slow as to cause more problems.

I doubled up on my Prevacid to try and help with the chest pain to see if that will help me be able to take the clonidine. It has helped completely with the sweating, that's why I want to keep at it.

I was wondering if any of you had the sleep problem with it. I am trying to figure what to do about staying on it. Does the sleep problems finally calm down? Did the dizziness finally calm down?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote