View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therese View Post
...and oh, ha ha...but, I agree...what I wrote in that last post could be compared with an Algebra word problem!!! Just testing your cognitive abilities, that's all!!! I must say, though, that you "wound your way 'round my post very tactfully!

Thank you for posting your "med" schedule...have made a note of it....

I have questioned, too, the fact that Doreen's last dosage of "meds" is at approximately 4 p.m....then, no "meds" until the next morning at 7 a.m....15 hours elapse without any "meds". That just seems such a long time for her body to be without any "meds"...that she just kind of "slams" her body with the "meds" in the morning..but, who am I to question this...well, I guess as her caregiver, I'm entitled to have some opinion about this. What would YOU say about this, John? Or anyone, for that matter...what might be anyone else's feelings be about this?

As always, thank you....
Therese
Hi Therese,
The Algebra is a good test for the cognitive abilities... So far I'm barely passing. Being a computer technician by vocation (not love), has helped me navigate messges with lots of details and pick out what's asked most of the time.

Anyway, that schedule doesn't make sense. Why would her doctor want to not cover the night time at least with a Sinemet CR?

I would question the big gap in the medication. Perhaps she needs to have the dosages increased now and spread over more of the day. When I first started with the 2x and then the 3x dosages, I was running out during the night as well, and couldn't wait until the morning to get the first dose of Sinemet in me. When my dosage was increased to 4-1/2 per day, I was able to go a lot longer into the night without any problems. Now at the 6-1/2 per day, I'm getting the same results I had at 4-1/2 times initially.

If I went that long I surely would be in horrible shape by the next morning. Even now I can't sleep more than 6 hours before the twitching and spasms are so bad that I need to get up. So now I'm usually up early to take my first dose at 8:30 anyway even on weekends when I used to sleep until noon.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote