View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I
Quote:
guess if Dr Grohol didn't want to make forums he wouldn't. I'm unsure of which forums you find irrelevant? Are you talking about off-topic forums or forums of conditions where people have requested a forum?

thanks.
Just trying to understand what you mean.

Hi Lara

I don't know what Dr Grohol wants to do. If he is just trying to please us or himself or both.

I find the forums whilch take a subject matter, in this case a particular disease, and develop 2 or 3 forums around it and invariably only one of them are used to a greater degree than the others. A lot of the forums at Braintalk were not ever used and even here there are some allready not being utilized.

That creates the illusion that we are disorganized and not sure yet of what exactly we are doing. That turned one gentleman off and he quit over it.

These are topic forums of course but the off topic ones are wanted by some people and to confine and define them seems to work well. But they are a concern as they do intend to get rowdy at times.

Mostly it is the people who really don't go there to participate but merely to read and report back. I forget what they are called but they do exist and can cause problems in that they don't interpret the messages there as humor and take it seriously.There is no way I know of to keep them away and so this type of forum takes a lot of time for a moderator and really requires understanding of the members there.

The forum I am trying to explain and not doing a good job of it is a forum that is totally controlled by the moderators and they and they alone put the messages in there.

Only the messages they are asked to put in and only the messages that say people are leaving and will return once in awhile to let all know how they are doing.

No long drawn out posts of why and who or what has happened because I have found out in the past that to miss even one posting can put an entirely different slant on any problem that has risen.

The forum will not be a place to rehash the past. To talk about those who you think have treated you badly or any other reason save that you are leaving and wish your friends to know and will return once in awhile to update through the moderators once again.

Thats it all there is to it.

Then no one on the forums will ever have to keep asking about anyone because if they do not put a post in there then they don't want any contact and if that is their wish we abide with it.

Freedom to be here and freedom to leave but with the additional freedom to keep in touch.

No where on any forum does this exist so that could be the rallying cry for this one.

A place for one and a place for all whether here or gone.

Wow is that dumb or not. Cant believe i just said that but I hope you get the picture.

Thanks for caring hon
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote