View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First, baseball = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh, I'm sorry, is the season over yet?

Caroline - Your first colonoscopy? Woohoo! So exciting! Ughhh... (Sorry to hear about the resulting issue though.) Ah, getting older is so much fun!

Out here, the "California Snow" has quit falling for now. All the ash and soot from the fires has created quite a mess, and the fires have been devastating to say the least. We're lucky in that we live in an area where all we really have to do is deal with the "Snow" and breathing issues. Thankfully our house wasn't in danger like so many others. As selfish and egotistical as Southern California can be, it was great to see so many people come together to help those in need. Gives you hope in humanity.

Came home from the PDF 50th Anniversary Symposium in New York a little more educated and a lot sicker! My first flight from NY to Dallas was full of people 75 and older, all of whom were sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and hacking the entire way. The flight attendant told me "we're screwed" since the cabin was a flying germ lab.

Then my flight from Dallas to home, I sat next to a couple who just returned from Europe who were sick as well. By the time I got off the plane, I wasn't feeling all that well and the next day it hit my like a ton of bricks! I was sick for a week and since I'm a PD person, I can't take 99% of the cold and flu remedies out there, so I suffered through it. It was brutal and good lord did it make me more stiff and rigid. I made the tin man look like an Olympic gymnast! I was teaching one of my college classes and one of my students, who is an EMT, told me that I looked like I was going to pass out and that maybe I should sit down. And she was right!

But I'm feeling better finally and can get back into the swing of things. Can't believe the holidays are right around the corner. Time sure flies...

Have a good week everyone!

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote