Thread: Vision problems
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Eye problems

I have had several eye problems starting at the time of the accident that caused my brain injury. The first eye problem at the scene was what I called "flicker vision". Everything seemed to flicker very fast like an old movie and I saw double. that was caused by pressure on a nerve where the[swelling] brain had been pressing on it. Next I could not tolerate bright light. Then when I returned to work I noticed that looking at my computer monitor nearly drove me crazy. My Dean [supervisor] made sure I received a flat panel monitor and that made a world of difference. I stilll cannot see well with my left eye, the peripheral vision is blurred like vaseline on a lens of a camera making an "artsy" film. My neuro Drs. think it will always be that way. You may be experiencing a severe eye strain especially since it goes away after you rest. I found soft lighting and the flat screen monitor very helpful.

I'm sorry you feel lonely I understand completely we are in a world other people can't really imagine. Your remark about the 10,000 dreams poster struck a nerve with me as I really had great "sleep time" dreams and after the accident I didn't dream for over year and missed it. Now I dream horrible dreams, thank God I only dream sporadically.

Donna
Polly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote