View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

One more thing and I will get out of here...

This is just one example of what can be learned from skin biopsies...

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/c...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

I hope that link works....if not, look up PGP staining Langerhans Cells on a search engine.

I don't want to go on and on regarding these biopsies, however, what is very important to understand is PN is not a disease in itself, it is a manifestation of some other disease process, which is taking place in the body. Some of these diseases are identified, such as diabetes, and others are terribly obscure, and many are just being discovered; and need people who have these 'idiopathic' conditions to provide the tissue necessary to find the cause, and work towards a cure.

Diabetic neuropathy, won't have the same cause as Chemo Neuropathy which won't be related to a Zaspopathy. Yes, just knowing you have PN may help you get some pain meds but most of us find the pain meds woefully inadequate to handle the pain....not to mention function. Function can vary hugely from one neuropathy to another. Some of us are going to end up with orphan diseases that get no funding for research....unless we get diagnosed and speak out, we will get no coverage, and no progress.

Usually these tissues are stored and can be dug out at a future time when some one bright connects the dots.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote