View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:47 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Sandra,

My chair is just a plain recliner chair. It affords me the greatest comfort possible. and avoiding pain is usually my primary goal. The problems that force me to live in this recliner have nothing to do with my RSD: MRIs; EMGs and a C-T scan show this pain is the result of spine and back injuries from the assault that also led to my RSD. The chair isn't that heavy, but it's too much for my wife or me to try to move.

I could have had a morphine pump put in years ago, but wouldn't consider any surgery at all: I'd already had two botched lumbar laminectomies even before these most recent injuries, and wouldn't even let my neurosurgeon touch my back. And I trust hime; he was a professor of neurosurgery and is now chief of neurosurgery at a good hospital.
Neurosurgeons do surgeries. They operate and then they return the patient to the pcp; they never keep patients very long. He should have dropped me when I refused surgery, but he kept me as a patient so he could testify at my w.c hearing. He knew his testimony would make the difference between winning and losing. Docs like that are hard to find.

I've been his patient for more than 10 years now. He's stuck with me because my w.c. settlement agreement specifies that they must pay for anything he prescribes, it doesn't say they have to pay for anything any other doc prescribes. He's the main reason I'm still alive and he knows it. so he's stuck with me. I'm a Chinese obligation.

Anyway, I finally realized that oxycodone is making me miserable, so I asked him to trial the morphine pump, he wrote the scrip, and now I'm just waiting for wc to run out of excuses for stalling. They know they will eventually have to pay for it. but wc companies always stall as long as they can.

I'm really hopeful the pump will change my life. My doc says it works better for spine injuries than for RSD, and I've read several posts that talk about real relief from RSD. That gives me extra hope.

I haven't been posting, but I've been working: I'm writing a series of posts that explain my hypothesis that RSD is an ischemia-reperfusion injury. I want to finish all of them before I post anything because I've run out of steam in the past and ended up not finishing the job.

This will be my last major effort to write about RSD, and I plan to let Allen finally create a website where I can call my posts "articles" and make them available to a wider RSD audience. I have written half the posts already, and I'm confident that I can finish them this time.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing right now, and it's taking up almost all of my energy. Writing replies uses energy, but sometimes I need to talk to someone, and aside from family, the only people I talk to are here at NT, so I'll keep posting once-in-a-while.

When I wrote pc, I meant my computer; sorry for the confusion...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote