View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Sandel,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that I have made such good friends on the forum over the years like you.

What I am talking about when I talk about a VNS is an implant for depression. I had it put in in April and we have to keep turning it up and down.

If you are asking about a pain pump then I just wanted to say that if I were going to have anything put in for my RSD it would be the pump. I realize there are a lot of success stories for the SCS but I have never wanted it due to what I have seen from it around here and on the forum.

The nurses at the hospital where I had my surgery were talking to me about going for the pump for my RSD. They were so up on RSD, it really surprised me and made me happy. From what I see nowadays, I think RSD is becoming more known and studied and more Drs. are taking it serious.

I was told at the U. of Co. that I didn't qualify for a pump due to me having Central Sensitation Syndrome but other Drs. have told me that that is just not the case.

At this point, I am doing good. I am pretty much in remission thanks to blocks, therapy, triggerpoint injections and meds but as I said, I think the pump is a good option for the RSD.

Vicc, I so hope you get it and that it does what you are wanting it to do for you. You deserve the best and to get better as do you Sandel.

I don't know about the doses with the pump but if you do decide to go after it make sure that you have a Dr. that will ride out the whole trip with you when you get it. I have heard of people getting it put in and then the Drs. just quit taking care of them. RSD is time consuming and some Drs. don't want to give that time it requires.

Don't ever give up at getting better Sandel. The stronger your will, the better you will get.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote