View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evon View Post
In the past week I have been having painful dystonia in my leg, It causes me a lot of discomfort and I can't keep still, it twists my foot and pulls my body forward. I have called my MDS but have not yet been able to talk with her or make an appointment. I have just stopped the medication Luvox (fluvoxlamine) a week ago because it was giving me side effects, I had only been taking it for a month and was having difficulty breathing and some involuntary movement. My question is for those of you who suffer from dystonia as a symptom of P.D. What have you tried that has given you some relief? I am presently taking Levodopa/Carbidopa 100mg/25mg 4 times a day, requip 3 mgs 4 times a day. Up until this past couple of weeks it seemed to take care of my Parkinson's symptoms although it was wearing off after about 3 1/2 hrs. I have tried massage and it did seem to help but only temporarily. A few hours after the massage it returned with a vengeance.
Evon,

This sounds like you're in need of a medication adjustment. The dystonia is really painful. You do have my sympathies. The only thing that helped me was the massage, and then that didn't do much for me either because once the pain subsided my foot would feel like it wanted to spasm again and with vengeance.

The increase in Sinemet has helped me more than the Mirapex I was taking at the same time, and I have since discontinued.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote