View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 05:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sooo many bad diagnosis...

I've had too many mis'diagnsis...but worst of the worst was going to ER one morning for loss of balance, dizzyness, rapid heart beat, cold feet and hands.
ER doc refused to order blood work, that I was having inner ear viris AND full blown panic attack!...
I argued, begged for labs, said something "IS WRONG"!
My insurance is very good...wouldn't have been a problem.
She was furious with me, who was I to argue!...She a doctor, me a Phlebotomist (fancy name for blood sucker!)
She TOLD me I was self diagnosing...no shift sherlock! Someones got to be smart around here! I KNEW something was wrong with me and I told her so.
Was 2nd time in ER in 25 years....not hypochondriac behavior!
2 weeks later, I fainted while driving.
Different good doctor now, found I was severely anemic...5.1 hgb...
so was NOT a panic attack OR inner ear viris!
I was bleeding to death! Idiot ER "doctor"!

Took them nearly 3 years to find the cause...was an intestinal AVM (anuerism like mass size baseball)
Was first told may have Luekemia...
bone marrow studies and other blood test proved was not...but took long time of just having blood transfusions every other week!...nightmare!
I've also had diagnosis Polymyositis...muscle weakness, twitching, fatigue, but not confirmed with muscle biopsys.
Rheumy begged Neuros to perform.
Was passed around, never got this done...finally did get an EMG and NC test. Had moderate level of Perihperal Neuropathy.
I asked if was vit or min deficency...years of gastro d'reah, bowel resections, Crohns disease and 3 years of severe anemia...was it a deficnecy? Told NO!

I continued my downhill decline in "health"...so fatigued, couldn't even brush my own teeth or hair!
Years of suffering...6 month totally bedridden....found BT...Rose urged me to take Methyl B12...few weeks later, complete turn around in my fatigue, now normal EMG and NC test.
More stupid doctors...mis diagnosed, failed to give me even basic and standard protocol...anyone with Crohns disease, let alone a bowel resection gets B12!...I had 2 of them!...was NEVER given such....OMG!

What are some of these doctors doing in med school? Watching cartoons?
They need to watch Mystery Diagnosis...my story (well could have been) was on the other day "Bizzare Visions"...this one womans 12 year saga, finally diagnosed....B12 defiiency!
My muscle weakness and twitching began after reiceiving the drug Remicade.
But who knows...if my body reacted to THAT...or it stripped the B12 from my body?
My muscle weakness and fatigue gets a little better with steroids...so that says I may have Polymyositis afterall...only God knows!
But Methyl B12 has been a godsend to me!
Perhaps if I'd gotten that in the first place...I would never have suffered from all the muscle problems and Neuropathy.
I was very lucky my AVM was JUST in my intestines and not in the head where most of them grow...you're born with them! Lukcy me~
Blessings, cheryl....cry tears!
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote