View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default not me

Dahlek,
I'll not be buying a new mattress at this point. Ours is only 4 years old with a 20 year warranty. You mention new mattress and my husband instantly looks like a Raging Bull. We went thru 3 mattresses until I got the Tempurpedic. It was instant love. But there is a drawback as my recent fractures have proved. You cannot scoot in this bed. You have to lift yourself off the mattress in order to move. But it is a learned thing. I now know I cannot scoot!! I will not try scooting again!!

It's also now difficult to get really good sheets too. Because the mattress is only about 9 in. deep. They were offered in thicker depths but at the time I was struggling to find sheets to fit the pillow top type and so I didn't buy the thicker one. Sheets and bedspreads, comforters etc. are all something to consider before buying. There is no way to get a bedspread for a platform plus only a 9 in. mattress. They all hang on the floor or past the dustruffle. I finally settled for the cotton tshirt type fabric sheets. They stretch and I found one company that makes realllllllllly soft ones. http://www.thecompanystore.com/paren.../&An=102&A=320
I think that's right. Anyway, back to the raging bull husband. He says he will come tuck me in and help me up, but don't ask him for a new mattress. I am hoping this is only temporary anyway. I love my mattress. I just have to carry my cell phone with me everywhere so I can contact him. We use it for a intercom. That's my 2 cents on mattresses.

Billye