Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn3063 View Post
Oh Boy, Today my mid back, left shoulder and arm are the worse they have been in a long time. My back feels like I am walking around with a large twisting butcher knife stuck in it.
I've maxed out the doses on my meds and they aren't working..
I feel like I am slowly sinking... and not finding any solid ground...
Goodnight Guys...
Dawn

That's the knife in the back pain that we know so well!!!!

And I am very sorry that you're going through it - GOD I hate that pain, and yes, when I had that really good home care giver she would find those grape sized knots and very gently, in a very special way, she would ease them smooth and that particular pain would ease up...

no such home care giver now - she's wonderful in other ways - but that one CG was so good on those trigger knots-points.

OK EVERYBODY, LITTLE ROCCO IS BACK HOME, GETTING HOME MADE FOOD NOW, AND HIS LITTLE NECK HAS AN APPLE SIZED BLOOD CLOT WHERE IS IV WAS...my poor sweet boy...How I love that oversized rat boy.

The people who work at the animal ER don't make very much money, and they deal with the poo and other stuff of the animals, as well as the accident road-kill type stuff, and the crying owners (like me), and the sadness of it all (sometimes), like the day I was there, someone dropped off a cat who had a broken back and they had to eventually give up and euthanize it after trying to save it all day - those people, I felt, they work so really hard, 24 hours over the weekend, and they deserve a big thank you.

So I gave them thank you cards and gift cert. to get a nice dinner.

They said that no one had ever done that for them - not even bagels or flowers before. I mean, in law offices, we do that sort of thing constantly. So I thought there are some jobs that people just don't get the thanks they should. And animal veterinary workers / shelters / animal control definitely qualify for those unsung heroes.

God bless them this coming weekend, and I hope no animals are hurt on Halloween.