View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 03:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I didn't know this....

Lots of people in my family with Hashi Moto, hypo thyroid and a few Bi-polars.
I have Hashi-M and find it hard to regualte because of absorbtion issues.
My sister is seriously Bi-polar...she's also got her PhD in psychology, doesn't practice!I dont know...she quit talking to me years ago when I was having health crisis, anemia.
I tried taking Prozac a few weeks...had reaction to it.
I have mild depression.......is reason I tried taking it...I don't take anything now...except the B12 and Synthroid.
I don't have RA, but I was Dx with Crohns disease and with this came "inflammitory arthristis process"...similar to RA is what I've read.
I don't have any joint damage...but do have terrible pain in my hips, shoulders and feet.
I've got loads of other health issues...mostly muscle weakness and fatigue and the pain...yada yada!
I have had diearreah for ages...awful gut pain, double bowel resection for Crohns and intestinal anuerism...see my name...crytears! yipes!
I got into horrible vitamin deficienys...especially the B12.
Rose here helped urge me to take it...once I did my life began to take turn for better...thank God for Rose!
My Neuropathy got much better too!...wow, all with B12~ correct form tho, Mehtyl B12 sublingual tabs.
When I take less Prednisone, my joints hurt way too much and my muscle weakness and fatigue keeps me laying too low...so I've gone back on the steroids for that reason alone.
Back in April some of the gals on Gluten forum urged me to just try going GF diet...so I did...my gastro problems gone!
No more diarreah! Yeah!...wow...Praise God!
I went off ALL crohns meds...no more gut pain, no more horrid gas, upset all the time as long as I stay away from Gluten!
I can't beleive I suffered years of daily diarreah years and years when I could have been enjoying better health!
Thank God I listened to their urging me to just try it...wow!
I'm hoping one day, now that my intestines have quieted down, perhaps this inflammitory arthristis process clears up.
I used to have horrid muscle pain too...once I went off wheat...GONE!
I still have Fibro Myalgia...but nothing close to way I had when eating wheat and gluten. It takes work, dedication to this way of eating...but well worth it.
No longer sitting on the toilet begining 4 am each day...smelling up the house, waking up the dogs! was THAT horrid, nasty!
I've read that B12 defciency can cause mental illness...I wonder if this is tied to B12 deficiency?
B12 def causes your thyroid to shut down....perhaps is reason for Bi-polar?
We may be on to something here!
I'd urge ANYONE with ANY type gastro or dreah problems...just try a GF diet a few weeks...you may find healing! Ya never know!
But you MUST not have ANY of it, any shape or form of it...like Soy Sauce, has wheat, gluten!...Oatmeal, Some Rice and Soy milks, Postum, lots of beverages....soups, sauces, dressings....everything except water and kisses!
Hey...but then I've read...where a woman was so allergic to things...her husband ate the stuff she was allergic too...they made love and his sperm and gooy stuff contained the allergen into her body!
Now...there's a good arguement besides "I've got a head ache!"
Can now say...Cant do THAT! I"m allergic!..
But I think would be very rare...but ya never know!
Blessings, cheryl
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote