View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Gastric Bybass/Lap Band surgery?

I know the way to losing weight and becoming healthy is by exercising and lifestyle changes all around, i.e. foods, mind control and as was mentioned exercising.

However I am 145 overweight. That is a WHOLE other person. I have extreme pain, get very depressed and just found out that my left hip is positioned to the side and not front. My doctor feels that this was congenital and we are trying some pt before opting for surgery on the hip. I am only 33 (34 in 22 days). My PCP and my neurologist both recommend the gastric bypass surgery and they said if I don't want to do that then I should definitely think about the Lapband surgery.

Has anyone tried either of these two methods? What has been your experience? I would love any information I can get from experienced ones or from ones who know of others who have had this surgery.

Thank you in advance...

M

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote