View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tight clothing

Roxie,
I so relate to your tight clothing question. I hate clothing. I buy everything one size too big. It seems as if the pressure on the skin makes it worse. We've had discussions before about types of fabric. I'll never forget, one Winter I bought a long tweed skirt that had knobbie fabric and sitting on it in the car was torture! I can remember sitting at traffic lights waiting for it to change. I wanted to get home and out of that skirt so bad. I finally tossed it in the Women In Need bag.

If you can tolerate it, I found that the pants liners and skirt liners in silk help the feeling. In the Spring and Summer I wear nothing but Flax brand and fabric clothing. And I am now buying everything with elastic. Today, my husband's brother and wife are coming from Florida. Their trip was planned and paid for before my pelvic break occurred. I had to get dressed. I haven't seen these people in over 10 years and not looking forward to it. But not because of them. Sitting is so painful that I tend to walk from one spot to another and sit and get up and walk again. Not good with company.

Billye