View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I can certainly relate.

I've always had sensitive skin--even as a child I could not tolerate a wide range of fabrics, and would complain that too many felt "itchy"--but after the full-body acute onset burning neuropathy, this was quite obviously ratcheted up a few thousand percent.

Of course, during the most acute phase of the onset, before the Neurontin began to ease the burning pain symptoms, I couldn't tolerate ANY clothes or fabrics near my skin, not even bedsheets.

The symptoms are much improved now, but I still cannot tolearte most fabrics, and some days are worse than others. I have some particular "hotspots"--the left side of my abdomen and my left shoulder--that often feel irritated, almost as if they have dried out (and in fact they may be), and the touch of all but the softest fabrics are very annoying.

I tend to wear very loose and soft clothing all the time now--sweats, thick cotton t-shirts, fleece. I am fortunate that I am in a line of work that allows me to get away with this and rarely requires a more typical working wardrobe.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote