View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Ahh Yes! The beached....

Whale Syndrome? Does nothing for your self-esteem, self-image or bolster much for any sort of 'can-do attitude'. Either you get stuck and flomp, wiggle, slide or whatever to get into bed or out of it?
Worst is falling off the edge/side isn't it? Then getting up becomes a new adventure in avoiding broken bones in any or all body parts. I take my cane to bed with me....sort of, it's next to my headboard and in easy reach to help do the 'pushing' whichever way I need to help propel me up. It is NOT graceful, pretty or the like but it IS effective.
Curious, I like the idea of silky sheets and a tempur type bed....I do have to say I almost got vertigo [sinking feeling] just sitting on one tho! Didn't quite get nauseous, but? The old 'don't like this' bells alarms and whistles were going off loudly in my brain - as in WHEN am I going to well umm, 'bottom out' if ever? It is absolutely NO fun to be in a bed, with a death grip on that foam topper holding on for dear life as to not fall off the bed.
I suppose it's next the 'mall adventure' as SleepNumber types can only be found at such places. I cannot deal/do escalators anymore, my balance, vision and coordination create a 'deer in the headlights' type of FREEZE at the precipice/prospect. So I the trek to a Mall w/DHusband [bribe him w/lunch out?] and 'try one' -with a try-out at an area hotel that has them...I think that'd be lots easier than having delivery [finding a place to keep the old one] and then paying for the return-if not tolerable ... and, then whatever 'handling' costs that come with it?
Gee whiz, even Consumer Reports can't give any definitive answers as to types/brands etc to 'recommend'! Too Subjective they say...Humm, does that sound like some doctors we know?
The hunt will continue...tho really I'd rather be shopping for some nice fun, soft roomy and fitting clothes! Not to mention 'pretty'? Here is to everyone having a good and pain-free night's sleep! 's and more! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote