View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:50 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart

First off, do you have an attorney? The attorney should review and Ok these questions before you answer them, as occasionally they cross boundaries into things that aren't allowed - even by our own docs.

After that, the docs are usually looking for "Daily Activites of Living" which if you do a yahoo search maybe that will help you. My nurse has a list which includes bathing routines, eating, meal prep, dressing, and then goes on from there to house work, and bills, and don't forget things like taking care of your car or taxes. I don't know what or how you're limited. I can't cut a sandwich in half more than once or twice, and even if I can do it once, then swelling starts - and usually my third day is the worst day after an outing or event like trying to do laundry or change my own bed. It's so hard to describe these things in the way a usual ORTHO problem is described. Those are "I can't" when ours are more like "If I do this, then this will happen"...and even then, it depends upon where and how I'm in a flare. I don't even have a typical day, because I only sleep every third night.

So just do your best, and maybe ask if you can talk to the doc's nurse FIRST and explain how the TOS works and ask her, how do I answer "x", when this is how it works?

I hope this helps. I just remember from depositions, don't say "I can't" if it is that you can do it, but it just is painful, causes more pain, etc. Instead say, "oh, I don't want to do that cuz then my pain goes from 5 to 9 within a few hours..."

Again, hope this helps. Please feel free to post a question that troubles you. We all learn from this.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote