View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Me and hyperbaric medicine

Last summer i gave hyperbaric medicine a try. I will tell you exactly what my experience was.

I went to a clinic that offers the service at an affordable price. I explained a doctor what my problem was and he said i could be helped by the chamber. He would obviously say that because he was trying to get me buy his prodcut, but he also said people with Multiple Sclerosis had been beneffited by the chamber, so there was no reason to beleive i wouldn't. While in the treatment i actually met a girl that had severely been affected by Multiple Sclerosis. She told me she hand taken 60 sessions and had felt much better. I took 30 sessions . I got in a chamber and put on a mask and breathed pure oxygen at high pressure levels for an hour and a half. It was relaxing but towards the end it became a little boring. While i was in the chamber i felt my nerves vibrating intensely. I felt a strong sensation along them, it's difficult to describe. But i could objectevely feel something was happening to them. During the rest the day i felt a lot of sensations in my legs and feet, similar to the ones i felt before i started the treatment. So that made me wonder if hyperbaric medicine was giving me any beneffits. By the tame i had taken 26 sessions i visited my neuro. I told him I was worried because i had started getting sensations in my arms which hadnt happened before. I told him i was afraid by nerves were getting damaged again. He said i needed to have an EMG and conduction velocity test to find out what was really happening. Surprisingly both studies showed: no damage, normal velocities and everything else normal. Just as if nerves had never been damaged. Now, was this due to hyperbaric medicine?? I beleive it was. i am pretty sure because as i told you i could feel something very particular in my nerves while i was in the chamber.

I still have pain, pins and needles and many many things, bo i wonder if this is because my nerves are still healing. I hope that is the explanation. But there was a test that showed great improvement- Not that it is very important, but the horrible terrible acne i had then also improved... so it does not only help you with your nerves, but with everything else. I was also able to sleep like a baby while i was taking the treatment. And regarding to side effects, none, i didn't experience any, just a slight pain in my ears but it faded after two or three sessions....

I saw good results and if i had the chance and the money i would take other 30 sessions without a doubt. If you want to ask me anything about it, go ahead, i am not an expert but i can tell you about my experience.
Monica de Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote