View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Deb, I'm by no stretch of the imagination a doc or anything remotely close. Just another patient - like you .

Some of what your describing sounds, to me, as if it could be evolving from nerve compression, which can lead to numbness, pins and needles/tingling sensations or electrical feelings and/or burning at times.

Possibly paresthesia along with radiculopathy.

Because you have both C and T spine level probs., I don't know what's causing what without looking at a dermatome chart. But, even, at that, I'd only be making my best estimation.

The headaches sound like neuralgia.

I'd suggest also visiting and possibly posting to the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) Forum:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

I don't know if you do have TOS, and folks there also cannot give a diagnosis; they do have a great deal of knowledge and experience and will likely offer you some really sound info. and suggestions.

I'm glad that you talked with your doc. about how you're feeling and that he is listening about your depression.

I do know what you mean. At times, people (probably everyone at, at least, one point or more) feel depressed. When depression is situational, it's still good to have that talk with the doc., as you have.

If you or your son find that you're feeling down persistently (more than several weeks and it's a constant feeling), if either of you have sleep loss that's leaving you also fatigued or just plain ol' foggy minded for days at a time, you're unable to concentrate, experience lack of appetite or loss or gain weight (more than 10 pounds), I'd seriously re-think taking the wait-and-see approach, okay?

I understand your depression, and, too, it's something to keep in mind if you go through some/all of the above.

Feeling lousy from pain? Yep, that happens. That's also why it's important to be sure you stay on top of what may be leading to what (feelings and symptoms). Chronic pain is already a lot to deal with, so depression from that is totally understandable. Depression from the loss you've also experienced can compound it.

Just be careful, 'k? and make sure your doc also remains aware, as well.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote