View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all for your comments. This is the last resort for me. My health will not at this point let me exercise (or should I say the doctor). Because I have bad hips and ddd, he wants me to see a physical therapist (which is in the works) and stop any exercising until we get further results on my hips. I thought it was just the weight, but apparently I was born with a congenital problem. My hips are turned incorrectly. They aren't facing the front. So I walk with my feet pushing out a little bit. The problem is because this was caused during birth, it has grown that way onto the bone. We are trying pt to see if we can turn the hips. If not, then I will have to have surgery.

My eating habits are not bad in the sense of unhealthy, they are bad in the sense that I only eat once, maybe twice a day. When I do eat, it isn't the healthiest, but it is a meal. I take vitamins b complex, b-6, b-12, vit-d, vit-e, multivitamin. I have never been anemic, but would definitely build my blood up(especially since I don't accept blood transfusions).

So basically w/o exercising and not eating the best way possible, I need this surgery. I am trying to start eating the correct way now. I love veggies, fruit, etc. I did the atkins for awhile and lost almost 40lbs, so I know I can stay away from sweets and so on.

Is this a good surgery for me or not? I also am planning to save the money for the 2nd surgery for the skin. My insurance pays for the gastric bypass and or lapband.

Love to hear from you...

M

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote