View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ahh Brian, you bring up the "treatment continuum" I seem to be in. If the Lyrica and Vicodin relieve the pain but may be adding to my tiredness---what is the alternative?! I ask you in jest because I don't know the answer and I don't think they know they answer either.

That's what I said to the mean doc..."well, if I'm not on lyrica my 'narcotic' usage will go up substantially, what would you have me do?".

No one seems to want to own the overall picture. If they told me to go off of the lyrica to assess the tiredness off of the drug, but were willing to accept more pain killer usage I'd certainly give it a go.

Truth be told, I've been tired forever, I don't think the lyrica makes me anymore tired and the vicodin has no affect other than dulling the pain--sometimes getting rid of it completely, other times just taking enough of the edge off.

If I could do it over again, knowing now how not normal my tiredness was, I would have attempted to treat it years ago (before SFSN officially entered my life). I dutifully told my Primary Care Doc at every annual exam that I was tired--for years. It wasn't until the answer to the following question "Does your tiredness interfere with your life activities?" was 'Yes' that I decided to do something about it.

That is why these message boards are so valuable. Sure, one may find some people with extremes of conditions, exaggerators, etc. but all of the information taken together: posters stories, questions and articles makes it possible for people who are really in the dark to get some education and feel like they are not alone in their quest to feel better or learn what might be wrong.
Hurty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote