View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

With what you've described about your children, Deb, it sounds like you've done GREAT at raising them! Way to go. I'd definitely feel proud, too, if they were mine and turned out as yours have.

A good amount of doctors - who do ESIs and other procedures - either sedate or will also prescribe something (to ease the nervous jitters) before doing the procedure. Most actually prefer to sedate because it does better ensure patients don't suddenly jerk when the needle is inserted. A quick call to your doctor's office should be the key in finding out if yours does. If not, just let them know that that's what you prefer. It will help not only you, but the doc, too .

Is it a PM (Pain Management) doc who is doing your ESI? The PM doc will understand, Deb, so don't worry about asking.

I was such a whimp before my first ESI that I cancelled it. The only thing any of my friends knew about Epidurals was that they were done during childbirth. Well, I wasn't giving birth, so I couldn't understand the purpose in having an Epidural. Geeze, I was a bit slow to catch on .

Now, when I can, I hope I'm able to answer questions for people - like you - who are having their first ESI or who have questions before and after. I wouldn't want anyone to feel as I felt when I was having my first one: Too alone and not really knowing what's going to happen.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote