View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am sorry to hear you have to go thru this, but it isn't surprising. Millions of people get the same response every year. Insurers always do this, when you are on disability, you have to battle constantly to keep it. It is a lifestyle of constant, and I mean constant IMEs, submission of documentation etc. It is constant hideous stress.

Check out what the MS criteria for disability are. People assume MS is disabling....not according to the insurance companies and SSDI.

I had a lip biopsy that was supposedly positive for Sjogren's but blood is negative, so therefore, I do not have the disease. Since then I have found that there are neurological conditions that affect the nerves to the glands and not the glands themselves. So it is not really Sjogren's in my case, even tho the gland appears that way....it had no lymphocytic infiltration. Even if you had all the blood markers, they would still tell you that you can work.

Insurance companies are there to make money for their CEOs and stock holders. They know people can't afford lawyers, and cases are more and more difficult to make...and you can't survive on nothing while you fight them. It turns out to be easier to get a job and eventually get reasonable accomodations. Don't mention you are handicapped until you are thru your probationary period or you get fired. Being a disabled vet is a joke these days too....no one wants to hire disabled Iraq War Vets.

Talk to your attorney and see what he feels is best.

Also, your insurer did the job for the next social security disability determinator, (terminator) when your case is up for review, which is every 3 years. Be very careful about what releases you sign, to whom and for what.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote