View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hypermobility

Would love to see the article your rhumy wrote.
So you have TOS but never had surgery...?
I think one of the diseases related to Hypermobility is Erlos Danlos EDS..
there are many varieties some more fatal in that they effect your cardiovascular system...and the arteries structure...thus fatal.
I think I just have the joint mobility version inherited from my dad but due to his larger muscles he has had few injuries.
I had full ankle repair last year. There was no major trauma to the ankle it just slowly ...very slowly tore the ligaments apart due the laxity of the joint.
After they tore bit by bit they never healed properly...I tried everything my other muscles just couldn't hold on.
My ankle never really was the problem or most of the pain...it was all the other muscles that were trying to compensate tightened up around the nerves and would irritate the heck out of my feet and shins. It was so bad at the end I couldn't wear shoes that had tops bc it was sooooo sensitive. Following my surgery I am 80% better....of course they think I need the other ankle done.
So some think this has happened again in my shoulder....the joint is so loose due to a very minor injury. All the PT in the world is not going to hold it all together. The loose joint is causing ...subluxation (very minor forward movement) the muscles around it (shoulder/pec/neck/scap) get tight ....thus the neuro TOS symtoms.
All sounds so logical but no one knows what to do...
LAarchitect is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote