View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sandel and Auberon
Thanks for visiting my blog. People in pain are under stress and stress causes the production of free radicals. I've speculated for a long time that if they have found that you can prevent the development of CRPS post wrist fracture with vitamin C then is it possible free radical scavenging antioxidants could also be a treatment. There is now some research into this and as you pointed out the Netherlands has this as part of its protocols.

There is an issue with taking supplement antioxidants in large amounts. If you take vitamin C. It demolishes inflammation causing free radicals (which is why it is the antioxidant for prevention of crps post surgery. See Professor Scott Reuben's protocols on my blog). However, the antioxidant vitamin C becomes the free radical vitamin C when it gives an electron to stabilize another free radical. We actually need a balance of antioxidants so that the cycle continues. I personally believe "eating smart" is the way to go. That is adjust the foods you already eat to swap a food higher in antioxidants for one lower. Then mix your colours remembering to have lots of dark red/orange.

In the end it will not be one thing that is the answer for us. Eating smart will support your other treatments.

jeisea

http://crps-rsd-a-better-life.blogspot.com/
crps/rsd a better life
jeisea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote