View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is terrible. You should call up there and raise h*ll with them over this. I think Daniella is right, you should not have to wait over the weekend or even another day. Maybe you should call back again in the morning, if they don't call you. Some doctors close early on Friday now.

My D levels have never been checked either. I have been on Prednisone now for 15 years. I failed to mention that he said that the bone density in my back could actually be worse than it appears in the test, because there is a lot of arthritis there that makes it appear to be bone, but may not be...

I am so stressed trying to get off of this stuff, but it is almost impossible when you are on it for rheumatic disease... I have nearly killed myself trying to cut my dose constantly, but you get terrible flareups and other problems, like lungs. The Endo's Nurse Practitioner told me yesterday that I may never be able to get off of it...

I am positive for MGUS, which can cause neuropathy. No one ever thinks to check for this. Since the abnormal protein in MGUS is also in Multiple Myeloma, I wondered if there might also be a link to bone loss. Both of you should consider this testing... Google about how this is supposedly NOT linked to implants. A number of the implanted women are positive for this though... I INSISTED on testing when I heard this. My Immunologist was stunned at the + result...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote