Thread: Finally
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thank you! 8 days post-op and feeling not too bad

Thanks everyone for your response and your good wishes. I did feel better once I returned home from my mom's (even though I wasn't physically ready to do so). My mom means well but can be REALLY difficult at times. She loves that rescuer role but is very controlling. (I'm going to read up on the Drama Triangle) Oh, and if you asked I'm sure she would say that an adult daughter back in her home isn't that great for her either. And I think as Beth wisely pointed out the side-efx of anesthesia and perhaps the pain meds can play with one's emotions.

I felt soooo much better after two friends helped me retun home (I couldn't carry more than a pound and one drove my car). But then the following day (yesterday) my mom came to deliver my washed pajamas to me (mom's can be great); it was an incredibly windy day and the wind blew her really heavy motorized trunk right down on the back of my neck. The blow to my neck, right below the skull exacerbated my chronic cervical neck pains and my upper back and shoulders, even more so because I haven't been able to stretch or do activities to keep my body comfortable since the surgery. I'm really flared but the worst is this monster headache. The headache started about 3 days post surgery but got waaay worse after the accident. I can feel it into my face, jaw, and forehead now. I checked with my "stop-gap" doctor today and I don't believe that I was hurt terribly. Luckily there was no concussion and just minor bruising. He suggested massage but I don't think my stitched skin could take it at this point as it's very sensitive and still painful at the surgery sites. I am going try to find a massage person tomorrow and have them in place for when I am up to it. In the meantime I will try my little shiatsu mechanical rollers on the back of my neck and see how I tolerate that. I also have a really Big Noise in my head that I noticed 5 days post surgery when I returned home. I think it's just muscular. I've had this same noise before my neck surgery and after my TOS causing car accident and though they checked for a bruit nothing was found.

I'm 8 days post surgery now and the plastic surgeon says I am doing fine. Tomorrow I hope to be up to checking the other posts. Best to all my forum friends!
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote