In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart The docs can really be out of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecyn View Post
Slept most of the day again today
Woke up at 5pm
Thats 3 days of sleeping
Its taking a while for the drugs to get out of my system.
Muscles, joints, neck, head, ears, eyes still huurt, not as bad as Fri/Sat

House help is coming tomorrow

Hubby got me the Apple ILISTEN software and was getting me the new Apple IMAC for my BD
Had a demo on it at 6pm
Had to resched...Grrrr
Doesnt my body get the hint not to interfer with life yet?

Maybe if I can get myself to my therapist, PT tomorrow
So, I can get my body and mind back on track.
Dr. J is on vacation for 2 weeks.
[SIZE="3"]Don't worry about the sleeping - I mean, let your body go through whatever it wants to, as it may be a healing process.

I remember sleeping like that on / off for three years, and really worrying about it.

Of course it's irritating to feel like you're out of it and groggy.

Now that I look at it, I really wonder if some of the TOS was causing the "sleep marathons", as I certainly had lack of sleep for quite a few days, then the marathon sleepers, etc.

I would also sweat buckets during the sleep marathons, (are you sweating buckets now also Cyn?) and I wonder now if that was a process the TOS needed.

It is so great and also so strange to READ MY OWN SYMPTOMS on this Board by other members...over and over again you guys reinforce for me that I have TOS and that TOS does these things to us, and that I'm not crazy or adding to the TOS. Lately I have felt NO support from doctors, in fact, some have been antagonzingly arguing that TOS is "just" an arm restriction...thank God for this Board, cuz the doctors would have me believe that I AM THE ONLY ONE - that they've NEVER heard that symptom(s), etc.,...I don't know if it's because they don't listen, or that they don't have enough TOS patients to know what they're doing yet. (What a horrible thought, that TOS is on the rise.)

Anyways, that sleeping sure does sound familiar, and yes, sometimes it's a med change, or part of it is, but I think some of it is the TOS.

I wish I could tolerate a ride to Dr. Jordan...!!!

I feel like I am a shut in and I will be for the rest of my life. The level of pain I live with on a daily basis is again really not worth life...and no, this is not a suicide bid, just a fact...everyone has loads of treatment ideas but they forget that I CAN'T GET TO AN APPT. without suffering pain for days afterwards...maybe even weeks...and heightened bed-disability. Yes, I've tried my therapist via phone, imagery, hypnosis, etc., but the PAIN is waaaay more powerful than these techniques so far. So many times I say to myself, just get to Dr. "x" and maybe I'll get some new treatment that will make the transport pain worth it...and it NEVER IS worth it...every doctor disappoints me with NO ANSWERS. The botox works for a few weeks - the surgery helped 10% on circulation / headaches...such small benefits, such huge pain / cost to get them.

I hate to be a downer, but the non-stop pain for the past three weeks has been really really hard....,,,,,,SIZE]

Last edited by tshadow; 11-02-2007 at 07:18 AM.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote