View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((((((Cheryl)))))),

I don't blame you for being upset. I would be too.

When did we become a society of non-caring people where the absolute MOST we'll do for people is kick their @$$ out the door??

If she were really in that much of a crisis ... If everything that she said (or most of what she said was true), she was a danger to herself and to others. They probably could have requested a 72-hour commitment. It just seems WRONG to me to throw her out the door and go into lockdown.

I also don't think it was appropriate or even legal for them to be discussing her with other people in the waiting room.

I think it would good for you, both personally and emotionally, to write a letter to the clinic and ask how they plan to treat an event like this if it should ever happen again. Legally, I think they could have committed her (because of the threats to herself and to others). It looks like they just blew it over onto the police department. Maybe they don't have "policy" for something like this, but, they certainly should have a "policy". Especially after this.

Aside from this. Have you noticed that you're writing about the same 'theme' lately?? Seeing both sides of what's involved with people who are in extreme pain.

I believe that The Universe puts situations in front of us as learning events -- either for us or for others, sometimes for both.

It's interesting that what you've been writing about recently turns up as full-blown reality in your life.

I think, if you're in therapy, it might be a good idea for you to discuss this in more detail.

I don't know your entire history. But, I've gotten the impression of a scared little girl hiding in the corner.

Lately, that little girl is bigger and stronger and more aware of others and more empathetic.

I see big changes and healing happening in your life, Cheryl. Maybe even a little guidance and direction from The Universe as to where you should be going next

You know, Cheryl, you are amazing A lot of people would have closed their eyes and closed their ears and not heard or seen any of what happened. The fact that you didn't close your eyes or close your ears, especially given your history, speaks volumes about the kind of woman that you've become. A kind, caring, empathetic woman. Nice!!

BIG HUGS.

Barb

Last edited by moose53; 11-02-2007 at 09:48 PM.
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote