View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I wish it were legal to share medicine, I have so much Trileptal left over. I was just telling my friend the other day I had problems throwing pills away because there's so many people that could use them.

I just had a flare-up yesterday which is still here today. I haven't had one in ages, and this one is back with a vengeance. To be quite frank with you, I've had nothing help with pain except relaxation techniques. The more I stress the more it hurts (I tend to clench my jaw like an idiot). I got this tea tree oil bath stuff J/A/S/O/N brand from the organic market (sold at CVS, too). That scent and the Chamomile really calm me down. I just sit in my tub, soak up the warmth and good scents and sometimes, wallow in self pity.

I also use warm wash rags on my head, but they get cold so fast it's not really that enjoyable for long and heat packs aren't very good to use for long as the heat increases blood flow which could make pain worse (so I hear) and ice can trigger pain.

I'd like to point out I was born and raised in Cincinnati, I take it you're a fan!!

Trileptal didn't work for my pain (or my seizures), it actually gave me headaches instead. They said I may have been allergic. Who knows?

Hoping you find some relief. It's a crappy place to be in, that's for sure. I know how icky it gets when it's cold (heck, it even gets cold here in CA) - I won't miss snow one bit.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote