View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You are welcome Kelly,

I just don't want people to get the wrong idea that I am advocating fusions. Basically, if it is a muscle problem, I definitely understand stretching, etc. But when it is neurological (such as your numb fingers, etc.), then that IS a concern. Actually, when I had the C5/C6 going bad I NEVER had pain in my arms at all...it was strictly at my neck and went right down to the base of my thumbs...bypassing everything else. I did have weakness though. And like I said...that was in May and by August I could really no longer write. It was just scribbles! So, just in that short amount of time I went from bad to worse and my NS said I would and that is exactly what happened.

Anyway, my whole point is...listen to the recommendations of the surgeons. They know this stuff inside and out and what can happen. I trust my spinal PM and NS implicitly and when they tell me what is what...I listen! And I have to add too my NS is the one that is called in when the Indy 500 drivers and NASCAR drivers have head injuries. Soooo...that was enough credentials for me! He's good, he's conservative but he will also spell it out for you in no uncertain terms LOL!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote