View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I've seen both sides.

I want to add this to the story...I checked out the story of her son killing self.
So I called the golf course where he'd done this...they said was true, happened 4 days ago...
that his mother went crazy, had seen him.
Oh my gosh...how horrible!
Never did they discuss her case anywhere in the clinic waiting room.
It was her telling people in the waiting room so all would listen....
about her medical case, and her sons suicide.
She became increasing beligerant when they refused her the use of phone
so couldn't help but hear about her plight, history and the fact she'd gotten discharged apparantly from a pain clinic,
but not that one....
They only disclosed to me that she had never been a patient of theirs when I asked the nurse practioner I see once I was back in a exam room.

I'm one of the first original patients at this clinic from 5 years, so they know me quite well.
plus I know some of the doctors and nurses on a more personal level...also worked and volunteered at this hospital years ago.
So I learn "stuff" via the grape vine...ya know...hospital "talk"....but nothing every revealing such as patient info....even my pet therapist dog had to sign the Hippa regulations papaers!...so even tho I'm "in the Know" a patients information is always kept private.
I was frightened, worried what this woman may do...at the same time upset at whats happening to her but same time know some people do this to themselves by lifestyles they live...taking drugs, streetwise, etc.
When I was younger, smart and healthy I was a Deputy Sheriff down in Calif.
I ran across same type people every day...they were always in some sort of crisis or domestic violence, drugs...just all part of the way they lived.
I got tired of dealing with the ugly side of society...and after 4 years I turned in my badge. Whats the point....the moment they got out of jail out on the street just few hours...they were right back into trouble.
I was disguisted and at the same time had compassion for these people...if only they'd make better choices...can't they see what they're doing to themselves? It was usually the same people always in trouble, then passed these habits onto their children...and endless cycle of pain and suffering only because of poor choices.
The police pass these people off to the medical community...then are treated enough to get them out the doors, then they're right back to sqaure one and back to being dealt with by law enforcement. Its just very sad.
I wish they would have handled this woman a little differently, but then I dont know the whole story...she did make a very big commontion in the treatment rooms, demanding pain meds, treatments. So who knows what was wrong...at least she could walk, energy enough to yell and hit her fist on the counter.
When I'm in awful pain...I'm lucky if I can yell at my cats!
I felt tremendous compassion for this woman just because of her sons death.
I'm going talk to the admin doctor...see if they can do "things" a little differently should there be another case like this.
I'm sure if he'd witnessed this, he'd done things a little differently.
He's a very compassionate and Godly man and cares deeply about each one of his patients...he gives his ALL...ALL the time!
Blessings, cheryl
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!

Last edited by crytears; 11-02-2007 at 10:56 PM.
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote