View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default towelhorse (dog scratching ....)

Hi all,
Why towelhorse?
Once I was trying to come up with a user name and my first 3 choices were already taken. Fortunately/unfortunately a piece of furniture that I had made was nearby. It was an Edwardian style towelhorse which was going to be part of a range of bathroom furniture that I was hoping would be the start of a new cabinetmaking business. Unfortunately TOS prevented any of this happening. My passion is art nouveau, arts and crafts or mission style furniture. I suppose I was lucky that our pet dog was not nearby and doing some indiscretion whilst I was looking for a user name. ( you may have heard that joke before)

Regarding posture, posture posture, I believe that the poor posture is due to scapular instability, if the scapular instability is due to muscle weakness from nerve compromise, then the only way one can maintain “correct” posture is to overuse other scapular stabilisers, this will cause all sort of problems. you cant maintain proper posture if there is LTN compromise. Posture will return when scapular stability returns.

The description on the note with the chest Xray was “hyper- inflated lung fields” which is very much different to hyperventilated. Hyper-inflated lung fields is a symptom of chronic lung disease. I don’t have chronic lung disease. A chest x-ray 18months prior to my injury showed no signs of Hyper-inflated lung fields. The changed breathing patterns are a consequence of TOS. They are the main reason that TOS sufferers remain TOS sufferers. Their consequence should not be underestimated.
The way that I describe breathing with Hyper-inflated lung fields is --- if you imagine that normal at rest breathing is a cycle and it moves from +3 to 0 to -3 and normal deepest breathing is +10 to 0 to -10 then . Hyper-inflated lung fields causes at rest breathing to be +5 to +2 to -1 and deepest breathing is +10 to +2 to -8. Now that my breathing is corrected I show people what it was like by taking a half breath in and telling them that this is what the middle of the breathing cycle felt like. breathing was hard work compared with now.
As I have described previously, after my breathing improved lying on my mattress felt as though I was on a different mattress. I am sure there are other TOS persons who would benefit from medication to improve their breathing.
I take no other medication for TOS. Regards Towelhorse
towelhorse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote