View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Happy Birthday Cyclelops:

Tomorrow is MY birthday. I will be 60. I have no scrapbooks, I took lots of pictures but they are in the drawer. I never take them out any more. There is no reason to. I've been taking care of Alan's foot. It finally stopped bleeding. We rigged up a bacitracin bandage and took a sponge and cut a hole in the sponge to actually change the Cam Walker to an oft-loading Cam Walker.

I mean, something has to work so he can walk a bit without a spot of blood coming out. He sees his podiatrist after next week. The guy's away for the week. This spot of blood thing is no emergency. His foot looks completely fine, just as long as he doesn't walk too much on it.

Alan is thoroughly disgusted with all this. He went from going to the gym, to not being able to go anywhere. I try and say "hey, at least you have the option of going to see the Orthopedic Surgeon". I mean, this is the final option, but it IS an option. Maybe they can shave down the bone and that will be that. But two years of this ulcer crap is finally getting to him.

He is also thoroughly depressed at how our son does absolutely nothing with is life. What a shame. Alan feels he wasted all those years. I feel the same.

So tomorrow I turn 60, (it's a gloomy day here today, something about a hurricane named Noel coming our way). My right knee is driving me crazy with the change of the weather, but heck, I've lived with arthritis for 20 years, I'll live with it another 20 years.

I watch Dr. Oz on Oprah. I learned about Telomeres (I knew all about those anti-aging things from years ago), but the way Dr. Oz explains stuff, well, he gets you going. He even had a whole dead body standing upright (on the Oprah Show). I saw where the hypothalmus, and the adrenal glands are. He showed the liver...etc. Absolutely fascinating.

Oh, he gave a brain test. I got 36 out of 36 in 40 seconds so my brain is aging just fine, thank god for that.

And I know all about healthy eating because I've been doing that for years, so that was a no-brainer.

But what I didn't know was that Tumeric in Foods, (well they think it does this anyway), it prevents Alzheimers in people. The people in India live on food loaded with Tumeric and they have the lowest incidences of Alzheimers in the world.

So when the weather gets better, I'm going to buy Tumeric and put it on my chicken and fish.

Hey, maybe I'll get as smart as some of you guys.

Anyway, I will be entering my 6th decade (or finishing my 6th decade), depends on how one looks at it.

In my head, I'm still 30.

So Happy Birthday to anyone who has a birthday in November.

We are Scorpios and we rule!!!

lol

Melody

P.S. Alan saw American Gangster, Gone Baby Gone, and many other things on that free movie site that I posted on the thread "ON the Lighter Side",
If any of you guys like to go to the movies but find the expense a bit much, you can see thousands of movies and tv shows on the computer (FOR FREE), and it's legal. You don't dowloand the movies.

I have seen all the old episodes of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (from over 45 years ago) They were crystal clear and in high definition.
God, what a great thing, the internet is!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote