View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink

Thank You So Much Tam! I really do appreciate everyone's good wishes. I guess I was feeling bad as I was having a hard time with my given family and feeling a lot of stress. So when I was finally able to go online I was hoping for some positive communication w/my TOS group. Now I will know to be attentive enough to start my own thread. I do appreciate everyone's support on the forum. And, well, now that I had the good sense to return to my own home, even though I could have benefited from my mom's continued care, I feel so much better!

Tam--re: your commment "Three - I had one PT BLAME my TOS on my reduction that I had back in 87. I doubted that a surgery that never had any complications could do that, so beware of that sort of talk."
This is so interesting to me. I've had some medical sorts try to blame my TOS on my large chest but other experts like Peter Edgelow and Dr. Newkirk told me to expect a maximum of 5% less TOS with a reduction. Funny isn't it that unknowledgeable people can blame the reduction surgery OR the womens chest for causing TOS!

I actually had a second surgery at the same time as the reduction, in order to make more room for the axillary rib removal/s. Some weird genetic anomolly. So I have 4 incisions to contend with instead of the usual 2. I can't stretch out my arms and need to keep them by my side for the time being. But everything is going well and I am able to walk around the block with my hands in my pockets and arms glued to my sides! Yippee-- being outside in nature and keeping my body moving is something that really recharges my batteries.

Last edited by fern; 11-03-2007 at 03:33 PM.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote